Thursday, May 13, 2010

No go

I thought I'd try out the hip, though I didn't hold out much hope. Walked for a few minutes, then jogged slowly. It was already hurting before I started running, and it didn't take long to get worse. I was going up hill, which didn't help, and then going downhill was no better.
I stopped frequently to do squat stretches, which helped a little. When I finally got on the level it hurt a little less. I wanted to go 4, but when I got to 3, that seemed like enough. Shame, because with so few miles this week my legs are really fresh. The weather here in the early morning is just perfect for running. If not for the hip, I think I could have gone a long way.
Anyway, I iced the dang thing afterward, and made a doctor's appointment for Monday. -- Rob

1 comment:

Mike said...

Rob,

Man, I'm almost as upset as you are regarding you pinched nerve or hip, or whatever it is. Get to TJ on Monday and he'll have you straightened out. I doubt that he'll suggest you run Monday night though.

Hang in there!