Thursday, May 13, 2010

Slugger!

No, not the Royals mascot! I'm referring to the way I ran today, I was just slugging it out for 7 miles. I was just not in any kind of hurry and started my run with the intentions of walking the first half mile. However, I got sidetracked with some pre-occupied thinking and when I looked at my watch it stated that I had walked 7 tenths of a mile. I decided to walk the entire first mile. I ran six miles after the walking mile and walked a minute each mile. Even after walking the entire first mile I still averaged 11:59 per mile for the seven miles. Just about all six running miles were in the 10 minute range with one of them in the high elevens. Really don't care! Just glad to be out there.

One of my many thoughts while running is what race would I like to enter. I'll have that answer after I lose about 20 more pounds, build my long run to about 20 miles, and start doing speed work. If I can acheive that, I'll enter a marathon in the fall. I just don't know which one. If I can't obtain those training goals, I'll run shorter races. One thing is for sure, I will keep running!.... Mike

No comments: