Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Great Weather, Nice Ride!

Got in a real nice 35 mile ride this morning. Left the house at 6:40, unloaded the bike in Ferrelview and headed north. Was going to make it a 25 miler by making my turnaround just past Camden Point, but, since I felt good and it wasn't that much further to Dearborn, I continued north. Rode a little past Dearborn until I reached 17.5 miles on my Garmin and made the turnaround. Stopped at the cafe in Dearborn and sat outside to rest and hydrate. Headed back home and picked up the pace (as usual). Had no problems, but the vehicular traffic was heavy (for the Interurban) going out and practically nill coming back. The reverse could be said about cyclists. I saw zero bikers going out, probably due to my early start, but counted 9 on my return back to Ferrelview. Trip took 2 hours and 46 minutes and averaged 12.5 mph. Nice easy consistant pace.....mike

No comments: