Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Rob Forgot To Mention!!

Rob forgot to mention that during our 40.15 mile ride at Smithville this morning, we both had a near crash. I was going too fast and mis-negotiated a sharp turn. I saw that Rob, who was about 25 yards in front of me, didn't have any trouble with it, but I didn't realize it, until it was too late that I was actually going faster than him! I rode right into the grass and just hung on. Just happy that the grass wasn't wet or I would have been part of the turf. However, Rob had a closer shave with near death than I did! We were riding along at about a 15 mph clip when Rob turned to say something to me. Well, he should have taken a quick peek at the trail to see if he could afford the 5 seconds of turning his head from the trail. All of a sudden, Robbie was off the trail in the middle of a sharp turn. The shoulder, if you want to call rutted and slanted ground a shoulder, was not an ally of poor Robbie! He stuck his legs out from his bike and I'll I could see was the similarity between him and a cowboy riding "Thunder" the Brahma Bull! He hung on for the full 8 seconds and won first prize in the catagory of "I didn't die today!"

All in all, it was a good ride and we beat the hottest part of the day.......Mike

No comments: