Friday, August 6, 2010

Surprise, Surprise!

Mindy called me yesterday and wanted me to run with Brandon in a 5k next Saturday at Deanna Rose Farm. His cross country coach wants the boys to experience a 5k in order to get used to that distance. I agreed to run with him, but was pretty apprehensive since I've been having so much trouble lately with the hips. Well, I think all the biking with Rob is paying off! I decided to just run a very easy four miler this morning. My thinking was that if I can get through four miles, I can run a 5k at a moderate speed of maybe around 10:00 to 10:30 pace.

I started with a warm up mile at 12:14, mile two was 11:35, mile three 9:30, and mile four was 8:54. I know that's not fast by our race standards but since I haven't ran anything much lately it was off the charts for me! I felt just great the last two miles! Hopefully, I'm back!......Mike

P.S. Brandon and I are headed for the Katy Trail in Rocheport next Tuesday to bike 50 miles. He needs to get his 50 mile cycling merit badge.

No comments: