Sunday, August 29, 2010

Split Weekend!

My plan was to ride with Rob, his nephew Nathan, and Sean for 12 miles then return to pick up Brandon to ride an additional 15 miles. Brandon is working on his cycling merit badges and needed two ten milers, two 15 milers, and two 25 milers before he can attempt his 50 mile goal. I made the turnaround at Camden Point and headed back to the van. I returned home expecting Mindy and Brandon to show up at 10:30. They arrived at 11:30 and it was starting to get hot. Since Brandon decided to bring a friend, I had to load three bikes in the van, one inside and two on the rack. After loading the bikes, I told the boys we had to get going. I was more than just a little pissed when I found out they forgot their bike helmets! I should have just stayed with Rob, Nathan, and Sean!!! Obviously, there was no ride! Anyway, Brandon came this morning and we got his 15 miler in, but not without incident. Too involved and lengthy to document here in this blog. I'll relate the incident when we get together for our MRC run, walk, ride, eat or whatever....Mike

No comments: