Thursday, June 6, 2013

Finally, Wind at my Back!

Okay, I knew I needed to get in a ride today and tomorrow, since I missed the last two days due to the rain.

My dilemma was that I just didn't want to drive anywhere, but, on the other hand, as you know, I ain't too crazy about riding in the street either.  Screw it!  With confidence in my new flashing tail light and my bright yellow jersey, I headed straight from the house to Prairie View, north on PV to Belvedire, west on Belvedire to Congress.  North on Congress to the north side of Zona Rosa, then east on PV to Old Tiffany Springs Rd. (just on the north side of Best Buy, Target, etc.  I was always curious as to where this road lead to, so I ventured on.

I rode all the way to the end of Tiffany Springs Rd. to where it takes a bend and becomes Old Stagecoach Rd.  I hit a dead end (no outlet sign) and made my U-turn.  I returned back to where you cross over I-29 by the old Ramada Inn and turned right on Prairie View.  I rode PV north to where it ends by the airport.

On the return trip, I rode PV back to Congress, south on Congress past Zona Rosa, past Parkville High, and wound my way back to 9 highway.  Rode south on 9 highway to 45 highway and took the trail back home.  Totalled 28.7 miles, averaging 11.4 mph, and topping out at 27.2 mph

The only really good thing about this ride was that I had the wind at my back on the return trip.
Note:  The only reason I detailed the route was so those that live north would be familiar with it.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Mike,
I loved the details and can only assume you included some scenic freeway access roads in your route!