Saturday, June 1, 2013

My First Clocktower Ride.

Well,
Rob, Sean and I ventured out to OP this morning to have our first experience with the Clock tower riders.  Nice folks, had a nice breakfast, watched George help Sean change a flat tire, and rode back.  Other than watching Tim (one of the CT riders) try to devour a large stack of pancakes about the size of Delaware covered with four bushels of strawberries and 6 gallons of whipped cream, the ride was fairly uneventful.

What do I call eventful?   Well, first of all, if you know me and my riding preference, I really like riding the trails or roads that have really light traffic, like the Interurban Road up north.

Speaking only for myself, I was fairly nervous pretty much the entire ride.  Just way too much traffic, and too close, for my comfort level!  There were two incidents, involving Rob, that bothered me.  One driver just came too close to Rob at the end of the OUT part of our ride.  The other was when a driver made a right hand turn in front of Rob.  I believe Rob kind of anticipated that and no harm became of him.  I wasn't looking forward to giving him CPR anyway!

Again, speaking just for me, I probably won't do that ride again.  There are just too many places close to home where I feel much safer, plus better scenery on the trails.

Since our target mileage for today was 40 miles, and we only rode 27, we decided to ride again tomorrow beginning at Nelson Island.  Hopefully we can get in a 30 miler!

BTW, per Bill's request, I'm posting a total of 118 mies for the past week.  Posting today's mileage would fall into this week from Saturday to next Sunday.  It would be interesting for each of us to post our weekly mileage of running OR riding.  Sooo, this week begins with a 27.5 mile ride.  My goal is to post a minimum of 150 miles from today to next Saturday

No comments: