Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Mid week ride for a change

I can't remember the last time I got a mid-week ride in, but I finally did today. It seemed like it was too warm to run, and I had already run two days in a row, so it was either sit in front of the tube or ride.
It was ride.
I didn't go far - about 17 miles - but the route to and through the Riss Lake neighborhood was pretty hilly. I didn't try to race it, but I managed an average of 13.2 mph. Those 28 mph downhills really help the average.
So far this week I've got 58 miles in on the bike - pitiful next to Mike's total (what is it? 5,000?) - and 11.5 on foot. If you count Saturday as part of this week, my ride total goes up to 94. Alas, Saturday was last week.

3 comments:

Mike DeGhelder said...

Must be difficult getting in a ride on workdays! It's not like running where you can easily get in a six to ten mile run after work. Biking shape requires more time in the saddle to get/stay in shape. Since I'm pretty much self-employed, I can be very flexible with regards to when I can get a ride in.

Only 4,896 more miles to go, this week, to get in the 5,000 miles that Rob thinks I've done!

Bill said...

Rob is also turning into a bike nerd. Thank God I'm stuck on being a bike snob....!

Mike DeGhelder said...

S.N.O.B. Acronym for Semi-serious Non Offensive Bullshitter!