Saturday, June 29, 2013

Great Saturday Ride!

Rode with Sean, Jerry and Lowell on the Interurban Rd. this morning.  Super nice day with a little wind and not too hot.  However, it did start to warm up towards the end of our 40+ miler.

We rode from the Embassy Suites to Deerborn which is about 20.5 miles one way.  Jerry rode from his house and added on an extra 6 miles total.  It was just a nice ride!

Afterward, Jerry, Sean and I had breakfast at the BIG BISCUIT, which turned out to be a great place to have breakfast!  It's right in our neighborhood and just opened a few months ago replacing the old 54th St. Grill.  Needless to say, the place was packed!  Lowell, due to a birthday committment, wasn't able to join us for breakfast.

I think I averaged around 12 mph for my 40.55 total miles, topping out at maybe a little over 21 mph.  don't really know for sure as I left my Garmin upstairs and I'm too tired to go get it.  When I get upstairs I'm headed for my recliner for a much deserved nap!

Note:  There were more cyclists on the Interurban today than I can ever recall.  Every club/group in town must have incorporated the Interurban Rd. in their routes today!

Might ride today if I feel up to it.

No comments: