Sunday, May 29, 2011

Highs and lows of our lifestyle.

I had rested the knee for the last three days and decided today was the day to test it. Note to self: Do not run right after a huge sandwich and a whole bowl of popcorn! At any rate, I started out the door and hadn't gone 20 steps before I felt a slight twinge in the knee. I kept going with the thought that if it happened again I would hang it up. However, after walking the first half mile, I took off on a blistering pace and finished the first mile in 14:54. Mile two was incredibly fast at 12:29. I then settled into a decent rythym and ran mile three in 10:30. I was feeling pretty darn good so I just let it fly and ran the last mile in 8:30 flat! So there! BTW, I walked one full minute after each mile as well. Can't wait until next week when can can all finally run our monthly MRC together. Won't that be swell? Swell? Did I use the word swell? Jeez, I never use that word. I much be watching too many B&W Little Rascal movies! I'll tell you what's going to be swell, and that's when we toast each other with a cold one after finally running our 4 or 5 miles together!........Mike

No comments: