Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I'm a Runner Again!

Strange how things happen in life. One day your up and the next day your down. The same holds true in our common interest of running and biking. I can't remember when the last time we all ran together, even during our monthly MRC meetings. However, I see a day coming in the next 4-6 weeeks where that may change. Our next MRC is June 6th and I do believe that Rob will be healed up enough, by then, to at least coast through an easy three or four miler. I myself am pretty much back on track and can look forward to some races during the year. My confidence is getting better with each run. Today was an easy five miler following yesterdays struggle to get in some kind of a recovery run following Mondays 32 mile bike ride followed by a five mile run. Really not sure if that was a very wise thing to do since I'm still trying to restart a training program. Still, I'm glad I did it! Yesterday's 3 miler was like running with bags of concrete for legs! Today was much better and I felt like I could pick it up at any time. Stayed in the eleven minute range for the first three miles and the last two miles were 10:19 and 10:13. Just a nice easy run. Tomorrow I'll do the easy three again, rest Friday, then see if I can pull off a 27 minute 5k on Saturday......Mike

No comments: