Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This Week's Workout

Ran four really slow miles yesterday. Just wanted to get the mileage in. Splits 12:51, 11:57, 11:54, and 11:24. Avg. 12:01 Told you it was slow

Today (Wednesday) I just wanted to get in three miles and plan on a six miler tomorrow. Drove down to the Riverside Trail and ran my three planned miles. However, for some reason I decided to push the last mile, but not all out. I thought, since I entered a 5k in a week and a half, that it might be a good idea to get in some speed work. Here are my three mile splits: 11:53, 10:55 and 8:46. Avg. 10:31.

My goal for the Running With The Cows 5k is just to get under 30 minutes. It seems like just a few years ago I was trying to get under 20 minutes! Oh well, it's just super fine and dandy that we're able to just walk or run at all. A lot of people won't or can't. Count your blessings!...Mike

No comments: