Friday, March 11, 2011

Darn Mormons!

Well, I decided that I just had to either ride or walk/run the next seven days due to the nice weather. I started my outing today with a half mile brisk walk, since it was too breezy to ride the bike. My plan was to walk for two minutes and run for two minutes. That way I can burn calories and slowly build my endurance. I intended to keep this up for four miles. Everything was going just super, I was cruising along at around an 11:00 pace and then the Mormon Tabernacle Choir started singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic on my ipod. Well, crap, the 11:00 pace turned into a high eight minute pace and I just couldn't hold myself down. Next time I just listen to Chopin!.......Mike

1 comment:

The Men's Running Club of Kansas City said...

Mike,

In honor of your post, I went online today and submitted all your personal information along with a request to "send some guys out to tell me more about the LDS faith! The more information, and the more frequent the personal visits, the better!" You go, girl! -- Bill