Monday, March 14, 2011

Getting Going Again!

Rode 24 miles up the Interurban Rd. Saturday with Sean Joyce, a buddy of Rob and mine. Going out (north) was a real workout since we were riding into a pretty stiff headwind. Usually, when I make the turnaround and head south it seemed like, in the past, that the wind was still in our face or coming from the side, but not quite as strong. However, Saturday we caught a break and the wind was at our back. If you ride, you know that when the wind is at your back you don't feel it, you just know you're not working against it. It was a nice break and our speed certainly indicated as much. Going to go for a good run today. Going to push it up to a six miler using my walk run method. My goal is to run a marathon in the fall or no later than December. Bill had mentioned running the Dallas White Rock Marathon or even the half. I've always wanted to run that race since I've heard great thing about it. Anyone interested?......Mike

No comments: