Monday, March 7, 2011

What the .....?

My gym, Snap Fitness, really pissed me off today. I got a new credit card a month or so ago, and that changed my expiration date (not the card number). March comes around and the automatic payment to the gym fails. I send the manager an email explaining what I think happened, and he reinstates me, but "Oh, by the way, corporate charges a $20 fee for delinquent payments." The guy just assumes I'm going to be happy to pay a $20 fee!

Now, I know it's in the fine print somewhere, but $20 seems a little steep for a charter member who's paid faithfully for 2 years. Meanwhile, the club's "secure" front door hasn't worked since the first of the year and one of the 5 treadmills has been broken down for weeks. Hell, I should get a refund for services not rendered.

Twenty bucks to click the "reinstate" box? How about a warning email giving me 5 days to fix it?

Usurious SOBs.

Anyway, I told them to find a way to forgive the $20 or cancel my membership immediately. I'm still waiting for an answer.

So, feeling persona non grata, I stayed home and ran outside in the dark this evening. It was fine even if more than one driver felt compelled to crowd me off the road. Ran 6.61 miles in 1:01:24 for a 9:18 average.

I may sound bitter, but I'll be better after the tire-slashing posse gets back tonight. --- Anonymous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the hell kind of word is usurious? Do you use it like, "You're going to charge me $20.00?" Are usurious?