Monday, March 15, 2010

Can cell phones cook?

Plenty was discussed at Monday's meeting of the Men's Running Club of Kansas City, but the only thing that drove me to further research was the discussion of cell phones as popcorn poppers. Is it true?
Unfortunately, no. This would have been so much fun to try at a future meeting. But alas, cell phones cannot pop popcorn or cook eggs, or heat up anything, really. Here's a very interesting article about the whole cell phone cooking scam: http://www.snopes.com/science/cookegg.asp. -- Rob

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm still trying to prove that you can pop corn with four cell phones. Since I left our MRC and pizza evening last night I have been ringing four cell phone encircling 5 kernels of unpopped corn. I waited ten hours and got some severe cramps in my fingers from redialing, redialing and redialing. After all, I had four phone to deal with! I finally figured out how to do it! I placed 5 POPPED kernels in the middle and blew the unpopped kernels away. Viola!