Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Two Good Days at Last!

Monday's run was indoors, but felt good -- 2 miles at 10:23's followed by 4 x 400's at 10:00's (I actually get out of breath at 10:00's, but this is progress vs. 3 weeks ago...). Yesterday, I was tired from Monday, but did 4 miles at 11:53's outside. This, while slow, is also progress since it's the farthest I've run to date and 9 minutes faster than last week's 4 mile walk/run. My chest is actually sore from having to breath so much, which I'm sure is a good thing. Still can't believe the depth of this out-of-shape hole I'm coming back from, but I can see steady progress. Just need to hang in there. Mike-- your post from yesterday is amazing; well done! -- Bill

1 comment:

Mike said...

Bill, you and I both have a ways to go before we get any where close to where we were. However, I feel that both of us have the mental fortitude, well maybe you, and dicipline to struggle through the beginning phases of our retraining to gain the rewards of being back to being able to call ourselves runners again. We'll get there with the help and support of our group.