Monday, March 15, 2010

Down With a Cold, Cut Up For Dinner Tonight

My report on my first 3 complete weeks of running showed improvement, albeit very slow. Week 1 (w/o 2/22) I got in 3 runs for a grand total of 10.3 miles. Week 2 produced 5 runs and 18.0 miles, but sore calves. In week 3 (last week) my alter ego run as Barefoot Bill just about killed my calves and had me walk/running my way through very short 2-3 mile workouts. On Thursday, I was psyched when I started out at 10:43 miles -- first time under 11:00's and still able to breathe at the same time! -- but my calves absolutely gave out at 1.7 miles. My calves are back now with 3 days off, but I've caught a nasty chest cold. So count me in for parking lot patrol and dinner tonight, but no run. Hopefully, I can get back running by Wed. and still get in 15+ miles for the week. -- Bill

PS -- Rob and Ken -- congrats on fabulous runs last Saturday. You guys are my inspiration!

1 comment:

The Men's Running Club of Kansas City said...

PSS -- that headline word should be "But" Seriously, I am not cutting myself!