Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Getting out early

Since lately I am the Lone Ranger here, I am reminded of a line from the great radio play, The War of the Worlds (directed/narrated by Orson Welles; adapted from H.G. Wells' novel):

"Isn't there anyone on the air? Isn't there anyone on the air? Isn't there.... anyone?"

-------------------------------

There's the big KU - K-State basketball game tonight, so I got up early to get my run in. I enjoy the early morning runs, it's just the whole issue of getting going before daylight that sometimes seems a little difficult. Once I get going, though, I usually think it's the best time to work out. Just took it easy this morning. Never went faster than a 9:31 pace. -- Rob

2 comments:

The Men's Running Club of Kansas City said...

Rob -- You are not alone! I'm out here doing a decent imitation of walk-running and reading our (OK, mostly yours for now) daily blogs which keep me very motivated. Thank you! I actually ran 7 times over the last 14 days since we got going again as MRC of KC. I've got a grand total of 24 miles at miles much slower than 10:00's. But that would be 7 more runs and 24 more miles than my last 18 month average, so I'm pretty psyched. I'm aiming for your 4 days per week or better mark from our 2/18/10 restart as MRC -- for me returning to running needs to focus on consistency of days run for now. Stay tuned! -- Bill

Rob said...

Great to hear! And it's good to have everyone posting.