Thursday, March 25, 2010

Following orders

As ordered by Mike, I've done no running since Sunday in an effort to completely rest my sore hamstring. I feel like a real slug. I take it as a good sign that the pain is more localized now. It's high on my right hamstring, and while it's better, it was a little sore all day Friday because I spend a lot of time at work sitting.
I'm definitely going to run and, as instructed by our esteemed senior member, start slowly so I'm good and loose before I get going with at kind of tempo pace.
Rock the Parkway has a huge field for it's inaugural run. Last I heard they were over 3,100 for all the races, and there were 1,800 in the half marathon (two-week-old information). It's supposed to be windy and mid 40s with a 67 percent change of precipitation. I'm excited. -- Rob

3 comments:

Mike said...

Rob,

You may just suprise youself! I think that you'll do just fine. I expect you come in under 4 hours but how far under may depend on several factors including you injury. Non-the-less, you'll finish and that's your only goal at this point. Good luck, and call me when you get home.

The Men's Running Club of Kansas City said...

Rob,

Give me a call on my cell phone when you finish and let me congratulate you!!!

You go Girl!!!

Bill

Rob said...

Injured or not, I think I could do a half marathon in 4 hours doing the crab walk! (hmmm. maybe not. ouch). I'll try to remember to call you guys. We gotta do this together sometime.