Sunday, March 28, 2010

A New Pity Party Dress for My Running Program

This past week was a tough week for me. My runs were only 3.0's all week, and they got progressively harder to complete and dropped down back to 11:00's with walk breaks every mile as the week bore on. My chest cold is lingering on, I get breathless at a 10:00 pace, and my chest actually hurts from having to breath in and out. Good Lord, getting up off the couch is hard! I actually got so tired of the ever-slower runs, I did an ellipical machine workout for a break on Friday. The only good thing I can report from this week -- other than IT IS a mighty fine pity party dress I've been wearing (honestly, another week like this, and I'm going to have start wearing high heels) is that I actually exercised 5 of the 7 days. My goal for next week is to log at least another 5 workout days and see if I can actually string 2 miles together again without a walk break. -- Bill

2 comments:

Rob said...

Bill,
Take your time, buddy, there's no hurry. One of these days, out of the blue, you'll be there.

Mike said...

Bill,

Just a couple of suggestions. First, start wearing lipstick so we can get together more often. Second, Don't be concerned with taking walk breaks! Right now I'm running a slow mile and walking one to two minutes. I'm going to continue that for another week or so and then run two mile with the walk break. Note: EVEN when I'm in marathon shape, and training for a marathon, I still run two miles and take a walk break. However, the length of the walk break is shortened to around 30 seconds. The only time I DON'T take a walk break is when I have to string together five or six goal pace miles on the end of a long run.

Keep hitting the eliptical machine and ride you bike along with you running. You'll get back before you know it!