Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Someday I'll learn!

Ran with Rob at English Landing in Parkville. Weather was perfect, albeit a little windy. Lately, I had been starting with a 6-10 minute walk then beginning my run very slow. However, for some reason, I decided I really could dispense with the pre-run warmup. Wrong! I ran about a half mile and my hips tightened up to the point where I HAD to walk. Rob did a short loop in the park and rejoined me after a mile or so. I completed the 2.5 mile loop and decided it best to call it a day. Rob went on to add another 2.5 mile loop and I decided it best to just walk while Rob was completing his run. However, I started to feel pretty loose and ended up completing another mile with the last half at an 8:45-8:50 pace. One of these days I'll realize my age and allow plenty of warm up time before a training run or a race. Mike

No comments: