Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Back on the Bike!

My intention was to ride from Ferrelview to Dearborn and return (35-36 miles), but I had to cut it short (24 miles) due to putting on the wrong sandals! I had just started the slight downhill in Ferrelview and was having trouble clipping in. After a few unsuccessful attempts, I realized I had my casual sandals on and not my cycling sandals. No wonder there are no Rhode Scholars in our family! Anyway, I got a good strong 24 miles in and I pushed the return phase. Riding that route was different than in the past. I had been planning on riding that route several times in the last few weeks, but I think I was just psyched out to a degree, due to Rob's and my encounter with the dog. Those concerns are behind now and I'm prepared for any dogs! I'm carrying one of those small air horns attached to the crossbar with Velcro. It's easy to get to and louder than hell! I just hope it will scare any dogs, coyotes, wolves, bears or backwoods guys that like banjo music away! Entered the Hilly Hundred bike tour in October today, as well as the Dallas White Rock Marathon in December. Everything is ready except me!..........Mike

No comments: