Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Trail Nerds 4.5 mile

I just completed my 34d Wed. night trail run at Shawnee Mission Park. It's a weekly trail nerd run every Wed. at 6:30 p.m. Trail nerds schedule: http://www.psychowyco.com/id43.html

It's a great group. They don't let you get lost. The trail is rocky, hilly and full of roots. So you have to stay focused. No daydreaming on this trail.

Here are my splits from my Garmin. Actual distance was 4.5 but I logged 4.2 on my GPS. Total time 49:09.

1 12:00
2 11:11
3 12:16
4 11:45

More info at: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/91127558

It was hot, but there was a nice crowd.
I'm getting better at the trail -- a few slips and trips, but no falls today.
-- Mitchell (a new member)

2 comments:

Mike said...

Great job of blogging, Mitchell! Pretty impressive splits for a trail run as well.

The Men's Running Club of Kansas City said...

Mitchell,

Those are great times in the heat for a flat, shaded run. The fact it was a trail run is even more impressive!

Well done!

Bill