Saturday, June 18, 2011

Busy, But Productive, Morning.

Rob and I headed to English Landing again this morning (6:15) to get in an 8 mile run. I was somewhat apprehensive due to the possible knee problem flaring up again and possibly having to walk. It never was an issue! We walked a minute after each mile and keep that in mind when you look at the spits. Rob was kind enough to keep me company, although I know he can run a faster pace than what we were doing. Still, the pace wasn't slow, for a training run, and I was more than elated that I had no trouble with the knee. Splits as follows: 10:51, 10:48, 10:28, 10:37, 10:48, 10:11, 9:53 and the last mile (12:08) I decided to use as a cool down by incorporating jogging the first half and walking the last half. I usually finish the mileage goal and THEN cool down a half mile or so, but today, in the interest of time, I did the cool down mile in the last mile while Rob tack on a ninth mile to his run. After our run, we picked up trash along I-29 with our Knights of Columbus buddies till around 9:45. It was ten o'clock when I returned home and I felt like I had already done a days work. It seemed like it should be 4:00 PM, not 10:00 AM! Nothing a nice little nap won't cure!.........Mike

No comments: