Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Special MRC!

Welcome Dan and Mitchell (he prefers to be called Mitchell) to the MRC. Dues will be collected at a later date. Wait, you already paid your dues by listening to the chocolate peanut joke! The real dues will be paid when you have to listen to it time and time again as we pick up a member here and there. Well, how do you think I feel? I have to tell the damn thing over and over! Anyway, welcome guys, we're glad to have you in the group. I'm going to list my splits, but I'll bet there isn't a whole lot of difference between mine and the rest of the group. Total time: 43:03 with splits of 11:02, 10:33, 11:26 and 10:02. Glad we cut it to four miles, it was getting pretty warm out there. Last night was a special night as we not only added two new members, but for the first time in months, the "Core Four" were able to run together to cover the designated distance.

Last night was a lot of fun until I almost ran over a runner as I exited the parking lot on the north end. As I checked traffic right and left I began my left hand turn towards Wornall. Out of nowhere came a runner who ran around right in front of the my car as I was half way through my turn. Believe me, I looked down the trail before I checked traffic and there was just no one there. Contributing to the near incident was the fact that it was dark and the idiot was wearing a black tee and black shorts! I yelled, "Wear lighter clothing," but it fell on deaf ears. What I found interesting, was that he didn't stop when he saw a car in the intersection to begin with! Instead of going around the rear of my car, he went out around the front. Unbelievable! I guarantee you I'll stop every time if there's a car in the intersection, or I'll proceed around the back of the car. Cars always win those battles! Nuff said!

Once again, a huge MRC welcome to Dan G. and Mitchell K. Don't forget to blog every day you train. We love to see what each other is doing......Mike

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for welcoming me. I really feel like I'm part of a special group. I enjoyed the run and the dinner. You guys are great.