Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hot again

Yeah, it was kind of toasty today. A little over 90 by the time I got out. I'm reading the Galloway book Carl loaned me. He (Galloway) recommends that at least 90 percent of a 60-year-old's runs be aerobic - that during those runs you never go into oxygen debt.

Fine. He obviously doesn't have to climb out of my neighborhood just to get going. Eighty percent of my first mile is up hill. Well, Jeff, I did try. I started slowly and expected to keep it that way. For a while I didn't think I had it in me to go fast enough to slip into oxygen debt anyway, but after about 3 miles things started to feel a lot easier and I just naturally increased the pace. I managed to run a negative split for my 6.4 miles, averaging 9:14 overall. Except for a couple of the climbs, I'd say the run stayed on the aerobic side. It was fun, heat and all. -- Rob

No comments: