Thursday, June 16, 2011

Nice Company!

After visiting the doctor regarding my knee I have discovered pretty much nothing! He worked my knee in every direction and couldn't produce any pain in order for him to isolate the problem. The X-ray showed no ligament damage, no meniscus damage, and no bursa sack inflammation! His best guess is some possible cartilage damage due to natural detioration. Great! He's scheduled me for an MRI next week in order to find out exactly what the problem is. However, rather than wait for the MRI, and a June 30th follow up, I did what any runner would do. I freaking ran! Although I only ran 4 miles, it was a quality run due to not having any flare up of the knee. I even hooked up with a young lady named Natalie who was training for a half-marathon, but she didn't know which one yet. Ran with Nat for one mile of the new Gower trail and we separated. I'm glad, because it was hard keeping up with her. Splits were 11:58, 11:02, 9:00 flat (this is the one on the south hilly ass trail with Natalie), and 10:04. Just happy I could run without the knee giving me any problem.....Mike

No comments: