Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Running Into Summer

My last 3 runs have been out on the farm roads where we live. Steady 3.5 - 5.5 mile runs in and around a bunch of yard work. My main farm road course has me completely intimidated. It's hilly with no shade and the return leg has 3 significant uphills on it. When I started back running in February, I often walked half the hills. Now I run the distance, but I feel so slow on the uphills, I feel like I'm still back at the 12:00+ mile pace I started out with. So I was surprised when I check my watch and saw that I've been averaging 10:45's on the runs. This is still slow, but definitely has potential. I have a feeling my time will be slow for Hospital Hill -- due to the hills and heat. But I'm definitely psyched to get out and run the course!

Meanwhile: great job Rob on your return to running. And great job Mike on getting past the knee problems....it is indeed summer and it's "just swell" to be running into it! -- Bill

1 comment:

Mike said...

Bill,
It's obvious to me that those hills you mentioned are making your stronger! Hills are like speed work in disguise.