Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Decided to Push it a Little.

Well, my original schedule, before the meniscus tear, called for a mile warm up then 1600 at 8:00 pace, 3200 at 800 pace, and a 1600 under 8:00. Obviously, this was now out of the question.

Well, what should I do? At first I thought I'd just run for 8 miles and pick it up here and there, but since I'm scheduled for a ten miler Saturday, running 8 miles on Wednesday didn't make much sense. Soooooo, I walked and jogged the first mile in 12:54 then went to a 9:55 second mile, a 8:19 third mile and finished up with a 7:56 for mile four. Followed that with a half mile cool down and called it good.

My thoughts on the speed work were, since I was just setting a goal to finish at Dallas, I really didn't need it. However, don't you think that throwing in speed work will make it easier to hold onto that 10 minute mile pace?...Mike

No comments: