Thursday, November 24, 2011

What a Great Day!

Got up at 5:30 for no reason, just wanted the quiet time, plus I had to get an order ready for one of the teams I photographed last week.

Headed down to Parkville at 7:30 with Rob and his granddaughter Angela to take some photos of them during their race. It was just a little crisp before the race, but near perfect conditions for the runners.

After returning from Parkville, I headed out the door for my four mile recovery run and this time I made sure it was a recovery pace. Averaged 11:06 per mile after a 13:00 first mile. Tomorrow will be an easy 8 miler then I head into next week with two four milers two three milers and a two day rest before the big one in "Big D".

After getting myself back into good enough shape to finish this thing, I have finally decided that's what I'm going to do, just finish. I was seriously thinking about how close I could come to a 4:15-4:20, but decided I didn't want the pressure. I'm going to just coast through the race with my only goal of holding onto a 10:00-10:15 pace and enjoy all the festivities.

The only thing that would make next weekend better would be for Bill to be in the race..............Mike

No comments: