Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Lesson Learned is This: Never -- I Repeat, Never -- Declare Victory on the MRC Blog!

Yesterday, exactly 9.5 hours after declaring victory on my groin injury, I discovered a classic, golf ball size hernia buldge on my left side after a 5 mile treadmill run (2 miles warm up at 10:54's; 2 miles at 9:49's; 1 mile warmdown at 10:31).

I have an appointment for next Tuesday, but I'm 99% sure I'll be (a) walking, not running at next Monday evening's MRC run, (b) volunteering instead of running at the Sprint 5K on Thanksgiving morning, (c) taking photos and yelling support from the sidelines in Dallas (I'm still going on of course...a road trip IS still a road trip!).

Like I said, I never should have declared victory yesterday! --Bill

2 comments:

Rob said...

Holy crap! That is such bad break. Maybe the doc will let you run. Mine did, but I'm sure it just depends. Good luck at your appt.

Unknown said...

That is bad news for all of us. Your being out hurts us too.