Saturday, November 19, 2011

Today's run and bike ride

The Clocktower ride was delayed so we could do Cranksgiving (see below). So I ran 6 miles this morning. I had intended to run with some MARA people. The email said they were meeting at the CVS at 75th and Wornall. What a great place to start a run. Anyway, I saw a group of people getting ready to run, so I joined them. Wrong group. They were Team in Training (TNT). Coincidentally, I had gone to an info session at Kiewit about TNT and I recognized the coach. I'm considering doing it, but the fundraising is a deterrent. I had a good, even run on the trolley trail. We went north instead of the MRC south. Splits were 09:47, 09:26, 09:55, 10:30, 10:00, 10:11.

I also did join the Clocktower group for Cranksgiving in the afternoon. It was sort of a scavenger hunt for the St. Peters Food Pantry. We were not racing, so we did our own thing. The rules if you were racing were to go to about 8 specific grocery stores, but 1 item at each that was on the list. The first one back won. We just bought a bunch of food , etc, at 2 stores. put it in panniers backpacks, trailers, boxes mounted on racks, etc. Then had chilli and beer at St. Peters on Holmes where we donated our purchases. It was a good ride and I was glad to help the pantry. Our group purchased and transported 250+ pounds of food for the St Peter's food pantry.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Mitchell -- great run AND bike ride AND beers today! A perfect triathelon! I need to check in with you on these clocktower bike rides. Looking forward to learning more about them on our MRC run Monday.

--Bill