Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hard to Enter This Blog.

Man, how things change from week to week with our training and plans!
A few months ago I had resigned myself to the fact I was going to pretty much be a spectator in Dallas and just enjoy the trip. In addition, I was thinking that I should just give up running and bike on occasion.

Rob, was sailing right along on his way to being close to a PR in Dallas and now he's, to use a football term, questionable, three weeks from race day. He's getting treatment in the hope that his foot is well enough to get through the race, I hope so, but we'll see. Bill, too, was sailing right along and gaining confidence with every long run. He was even pushing himself in the middle miles to hold onto his race pace goal. Now, it looks like he's totally out of the race due to, what looks like, a hernia.

My point is, not to many weeks ago, I was really envious of Bill and Rob being able to run the mileage and pace they were running. Now, I just feel bad for both of them as I know how difficult it is to train for months only to have something happen that could shut you down. Tomorrow we will be two weeks away from leaving for Bid D. I hope Rob is ready to go and Bill, by some miracle, is able to participate. At least we'll know Bill will be there for the support we need as we start, and hopefully finish, the 2011 edition of the Dallas White Rock Marathon........... Mike

No comments: