Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Volunteer

First of all, I loved everyone's posts from last week!  What a great week!  We led off with a fabulous MRC run and dinner, followed by really interesting Thanksgiving and weekend runs.  Congratulations to Rob for overcoming his foot injury, Angela for pushing Grandpa in the 5k (loved the picture by the way), Mitchell for the 1 hour prediction run (what a fun concept) and Mike for his amazing return to running. 

Like Mike, I had great fun getting up early on Thanksgiving morning and hanging out at a local 5k.  In my case, it was the Sprint Family 5k -- an event I have run all but 1 year since moving here in 1996.  This year, I showed up for the volunteer call at 6:45 am and checked runners in till the race start.  Then watched the race finish in that gorgeous morning sunshine.  I would have rather been running, but it felt awful nice to start the holiday with the running crowd.

Life is good, and I can't wait for our Dallas weekend!  --Bill

No comments: