Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Encouraged

I think I've turned a corner with my foot. It felt good enough this morning that I made plans to run again tonight, even though I had run on Monday night.
The schedule, largely abandoned for the past two weeks, called for 5 miles. To continue to play it safe, I put my hard rubber heel cups into my running shoes, and I walked the first 4 tenths of a mile so I wouldn't have to run up the hills out of the neighborhood. I started with a 10:10 mile, and actually did 8:45 in mile 4. The average was 9:20.
No pain at all in my feet. My quads are a little sore still from Saturday's run, which featured a very sore foot and bad running form. The bad form on Saturday also brought on a pulled a calf muscle, but all the sore muscles are healing up quickly. I don't have any long runs left before the race, so I should be pain free and ready to roll in Dallas on Dec. 4. I am not thinking PR there.
First, though, granddaughter Angela and I will run a Thanksgiving Day 5k in Parkville. Her pace. -- Rob

No comments: