Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Final miles

I ran my final training miles tonight - 2.3 miles without even leaving my neighborhood - before the Dallas marathon on Sunday. I really took it slow, averaging 10:24.
I've pretty much decided my only goal for Dallas is to finish. If being under-trained is better than over-trained, then I definitely have that edge. Because of my injured foot, I missed my last long run of 20 miles and about two weeks of running beginning about Nov. 1.
I think I'll have to take it pretty easy, especially early, if I'm going to make it to the finish line without pulling up lame. I was thinking the other day that I might run the first 6 or 7 miles at a 10 min. pace, then the middle 13 at 9, and the last 6 or so at whatever pace I can muster. In theory, that might result in about a 9:30 pace, or a 4:09 marathon. Anything around that time would be fantastic. And actually, any finish at all will do. -- Rob

1 comment:

Bill said...

Rob -- I think you will have a great marathon. Love the idea of going out at 10 and doing the middle 13 at 9. I think your running base is so strong that you will finish the distance handily!

Bill