Saturday, April 24, 2010

Getting Closer!

After missing the last two days it was nice to get the running shoes back on. Wasn't sure what I should be doing so I played it safe and settled on a four miler. I didn't plan this but my only walking, this time, was the first half mile to warm up and stretch the hips. This approach is working very well for me and my runs are improving. Let me rephrase that! My running is progressing, yeah, that sounds much better.

After the half mile warm up, my plan was to run a mile and walk a minute like last Wednesday. I felt so good after the first mile that I decided to just truck it on home without walking even if it was going to be slow. First mile was 14:42 (includes the walk), mile two was 11:22, mile three 9:27, and mile four was 8:26. I looked down at my watch and I was cruising the last half mile at around a 7:45 pace. I kept looking at the watch every ten seconds or so and it fluctuated between 7:40 and 7:47.

I sincerely hope that I can complete a marathon this fall. I may even settle for KC since it's becoming more expensive to have a target race anywhere else.......Mike

No comments: