Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Make or Break! Runner or not!

Well, after making all kinds of excuses not to get some kind of a run in on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday due to Easter weekend and a bunch of family stuff, I decided today was the day I either called myself a runner or not. I wasn't content with a 2-4 mile run walk! I was going to get in some kind of mileage if it took me all day. I settled on committing to a six miler and decided to run/walk the entire six miles just to get the calorie loss and a degree of cardio- vascular benefit. I pretty much walked the entire first mile and then set my goal of running (slow) for three minutes and walking two minutes. Sometime I ran two minutes and walked one minute. I didn't keep track of how many times I ran/walked, I just wasn't concerned with it. I just wanted to complete the six miler. I suppose averaging a little over 12:00 per mile is pretty slow for me, but I'm still heavy and I really don't want to over do it and have to deal with another injury. Injuries really suck!!

I'm really setting my sights on a fall marathon but something inside tells me my marathon days are over and to be content with shorter races. We'll see! I think if I can get my weight back down in the 170s I can set that marathon goal. Have to be pretty determined and motivated to pull this off. We'll see just how much dicipline Mikie has now.

No comments: