Friday, April 30, 2010

Running while traveling


Last weekend I had the opportunity to run in Central Park (New York city) and this coming weekend, along Lake Michigan (Chicago). I enjoy taking advantage of these opportunities to run in old, familiar locations. Believe it or not, this weekend I attend my 25th reunion for Kellogg business school. Last weekend I got to meet the cake baker (Ron Ben-Israel) whose cake is on the cover of O Magazine's 10th Anniversary issue (May 2010) with our Creative Candles' Celebration Candles on top! I guess I need to keep running so that I can enjoy more of Mr. Ben-Israel's delicious cakes.
Earlier this week the FedEx driver spotted me running near Childrens' Mercy Hospital - he knew I looked familiar but out of context (we typically meet at the Creative Candles' loading dock).

1 comment:

The Men's Running Club of Kansas City said...

Ken,

What a great post! Love the picture, what a great post.

2 good looking men of men admiring great cake, candles, and Oprah. That's nice, but we're still NOT turning MRC into a monthly book club! Just bring me the beer, we don't need no stinkin books! -- Bill