Friday, April 16, 2010

Running again and feeling good!

Got in a really nice five miler. Weather was moderately cool after a morning rain. Walked for the first 6 minutes and stretched out the hips to keep them from tightening. This is something I read in Runner's World recently and it has worked great.

Walked only twice, for a minute each, after the initial warm up walk. Still averaged 10:59 per mile including the walks. A feel good run for me due to being able to pick up the pace if I had the desire to do so. I just didn't desire to do so! I'm still in the early stages of getting retrained and hoping I can get to the point of running another marathon in the fall. I would really like to go back to Bar Harbor Maine and run the Mount Dessert Island Marathon in October. Acadia National Park is in full autumn colors at that time of year. It's not just beautiful, it's spectacular! If I can't run MDI I'll pick another race that I haven't ran before, mayble the Outer Banks Marathon in North Carolina.

No comments: