Monday, July 25, 2011

A Decent Cross Training/Leg Recovery Week

Last week, my left heel and achilles tendon were hurting -- I agree with Rob's assessment that treadmill workouts seem to hit calves and achilles tendons in particular -- so I got out my Heel That Pain inserts and began wearing them. Monday I walked with Rob at our monthly MRC gathering, then followed with 3 days of cross training ellipical workouts, a 2.5 mile treadmill run on Friday (it's my only option on days I don't get up early) and a slow 9.7 mile run outside on shaded trails Saturday morning. My left leg is recovered and I'm looking forward to ramping my mileage up this week. This is my highest % workout moth so far this year -- I've hit 18 of 24 days through yesterday so far -- and I'm on track to be at 30 miles per week going into the start of my marathon training schedule next week. -- Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bill, Great job keeping up the regular running. Just be careful in the heat!