Thursday, July 14, 2011

Great run in Pittsburgh in 60s-70s

What a great morning run! The weather was perfect. I did 5.6 miles (http://connect.garmin.com/activity/99104242)

I'm in Pittsburgh, the town I grew up in, becasue my father is having total hip replacement surgery. He is very active and the hip pain essentially stopped him. One of my favorite runs is from my mother-in-laws through CMU to Schenley Park. The trail is easy, somewhat hilly. Today, I decided to go to the bottom of Panther Hollow so I had steps to get back up to the streets. I figured steps would be good training for biking. Because I know from experience, running only helps biking a little.

I did today run slow, 11:09 pace, but I did walk a few times. The scenery and weather were too nice to rush through it.

-- Mitchell

1 comment:

The Men's Running Club of Kansas City said...

Mitchell,

What a great run! Running favorite parks in your home town is an aspect of running that I really enjoy. Also -- love the Garmin report. Can't believe how much fun that is to read through!

Tell your father good luck on the hip replacement. My wife Lucy is 100% happy she had hers replaced!

Bill