Thursday, July 21, 2011

On the outside

Couldn't stand it anymore and had to get outside for a run, inflated heat index and all. I had it figured out - wait until at least 7:30, when the sun is low in the sky. It wouldn't be cool, but it wouldn't be like sitting in the broiler.
For the most part, it worked. Naturally, I took it easy, walking the first quarter mile up the hills out of the neighborhood, and then chugging along at a nice, easy pace. The worst part, frankly, was a growing hot spot on the ball of my left foot. New socks, and they weren't as friendly to my feet as I expected.
The best part was my sore Achilles didn't get any sorer. I really think that treadmill makes it worse and may have even caused the problem in the first place. I need to stay off that thing as much as possible.
Tonight's run: 5.52 miles at a 9:26 pace. -- Rob

1 comment:

Bill said...

Rob -- I'm convinced that treadmills are bad deals. Agree completely with the achilles tendon thought -- I've had that thought myself. Trouble is, the treadmill is my only option on days I don't get up and run early. -- Bill