Friday, July 22, 2011

I Just Had to Give it a Go!

For the last couple of days my knee has not been giving me any pain or discomfort. I even have all my flexibility back, what little I had to begin with. At any rate, since I've had no problems or pain and the doc said I could do anything within my pain tolerance, I decided to walk a few miles, heat and all.

First of all, let me tell you just how good it felt to put on my running shoes, my Garmin and my Road ID! Never thought much about it before since it was routine. I won't take those simple tasks for granted anymore. I began with a half mile walk and it felt so good that I began to run a little. I looked down at my watch and I was holding a 10:30 pace.

I held that pace for two miles, then the heat hit me big time! It got so hot I had to stop, drop and roll! Well, maybe it wasn't quite that hot, but I folded like a seven/two off suit! Even though I only ran two miles (10:28, 10:42) I felt like I'm back to being able to do something physical.

Rob and I plan to ride our bikes a few miles on Sunday in order to start getting ready for the Hilly Hundred in October. I sure have a long ways to go to get ready for Dallas!.....Mike

1 comment:

Bill said...

Mike,

Welcome back! I think any run outside is an accomplishment in this heat. -- Bill