Friday, July 29, 2011

A good long run

I had the morning off today, so I had plenty of time to get a long run in and I didn't even have to get up extra early to do it.
At the cat's insistence, I still rolled out of bed shortly after 6, which is pretty much my usual time anyway. I guess the cat knows that. I was on my way by 6:45. The temperature was 74, and it was very humid, since it had rained overnight. As usual, I walked about a quarter of a mile, then started off at a 10 min. pace. I walked between each mile for about 30 seconds.
As I loosened up, my splits improved steadily, even though I don't feel as though I was expending any extra effort. My fastest mile was mile 8, the last half of which is downhill, which I clocked in 8:58. Overall, I did 8.1 miles in 1:16:11, a 9:25 pace.
Saturday, it's a bike ride.  -- Rob

No comments: