Monday, July 18, 2011

Two Weeks at 29-30 Miles

I'm pleased with my return to regular running after Lucy and my 2-week vacation. Ran 29 miles week before last and 30 last week. Finished this week with a 12 mile indoor run on the tenth mile track at Fitness Plus. I would have liked to run outside, but I didn't get home from my Friday business trip till 1:30 am so I slept in till 9 am and hit the gym at 10 am (already 94 and climbing). Averaged 10:27's running steadily for 10 miles, then hit my current limit and slowed down the last 2 miles. On Sunday, went out for 4 miles on the shaded Indian Creek trail system at 11 am, but it was already upper 90's so I ended up running 2 and walking 2. I just suck in the hot weather. I'm psyched with the two weeks of runs, but my left heel and achilles is sore enough I'm going to cross train on the ellipical today and give my legs a break. Looking forward to tonight's MRC, even if I'm a dinner-only participant. -- Bill

No comments: