Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Indoor it's Nicer

With the heat, I have been running indoors this week. Easy 3 milers on Sunday and Monday, then an interval treadmill run yesterday. Warmed up with 2 miles at 10:54's (I run on a 1% incline to offset the mechanical advantage of the treadmill), then 8 quarter mile repeats in sets of 2 at 10:00, 9:31, 8:57, 8:27. I can't believe it, but the 8:27's are difficult for me and it's only quarter mile repeats with tenth mile walks inbetween, inside with air conditioning! I just have a long way to go, but at least I can see some progress on inserting more intensity into my workouts.

Hats off to Mike for going through with the surgery yesterday -- well done!

Bill

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For me it's almost never nicer indoors. I'll take the heat and cold. But I do make exceptions, rarely.