Saturday, August 13, 2011

Flat at Wrong Time!

The plan was to ride with Brandon 30 miles on the Little Blue Trace Trail. We got started at 10:30 due to his cross country training and team photos earlier. We were 5.5 miles into the ride when Brandon got a flat tire. At first, I thought we were going to have to walk our bikes back to the car, but then remembered that Highway 78 was only another mile or so ahead. I told Brandon to walk his bike to the highway and wait for me to pick him up. I was cranking it pretty hard back to the car. I know he's 16, but still you worry. He was waiting in the shade for me and we came back home. I asked him if he would like to go see Captain America, so we called Minday (mom) to check on show times at the AMC close to me.

As luck would have it, there was not enough time to see Captain America due to a baby sitting commitment later on, so I was stuck going to see Cowboys and Aliens! Actually, the movie was pretty entertaining. It was a cross between a James Bond movie and an Indiana Jones adventure, hence Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig starring. It was still pretty fun to watch from a shoot'um up sci fi point of view.........Mike

No comments: